Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Announcement

(Chris, Sarah- insert the announcement, announcement, announcement song here :)

So........




David and I are adopting.

Wow, that seems really official.... and scary. As it should I guess.

Many of you know already. But for those that don't, here are the details so far:
1. We are adopting through Lutheran Services of Georgia
2. They get referrals from the state, so we will be adopting through the State of Georgia- through the foster care system. (This just means that our first placement may or may not be permanent)
3. We have had our first home study and are still filling out paper-work/ completing a bunch of crazy tasks that we never thought we would need to do to be worthy of being parents (but hey, I'm really glad there are a lot of hoops to jump through. It's sort of like parenting "pledging"...If you can't do this, then you aren't cut out to be in the parenting club!)
4. We will post updates, but this is pretty much what we know as of right now.

6 comments:

Kristy said...

Eryn that is amazing!!! I am so happy for you and David. We will be praying for your soon to be family of three...or more!!!

Sarah said...

Eryn, that's wonderful! We know that's in our future soon(we hope), too. We will be praying ya'll through this exciting time!!

abby said...

That is so awesome! We still want to get together with you guys sometime. I think we thought we would see your hubby on campus more, but I don't think I have even seen him once in the 2 quarters I have been a student. I remember having those same feelings before we had our homestudy. Yayayayay for adoption!

Robin Mace said...

Yay! I know you've been waiting for this day to come. I cannot wait to see you guys as parents because you will be awesome!! Please keep us posted. :)

Sarah Nicholson said...

I love your use of the ever effective announcement song:) I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear more about you journey!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! Wanted you guys to know that we are praying for you as you begin this journey. Looking forward to reading all about it!