Monday, December 15, 2008

Lots to blog about...

I will begin by saying that it is NEGATIVE THIRTEEN DEGREES RIGHT NOW! Windchill: -29!!! I really don't think it has ever been this cold here!



With that being said, I have dicided to write about some things that are fun about the snow (trying to convice myself that snow is fun). I know all you people from the south thing I'm crazy for not liking snow right now, but it kind of looses its appeal after it snows two or three times a week.



So, that being said, fun things about snow........

First is a picture of what I like to call a "Car-hawk", a mohawk on a car. Now you can't get the full effect because it's dark and the car is white, but it looks kind of funny when you have 8" on your car and then you brush off all you can reach and there is a mohawk looking thing on the top of the car! I tried to get a better picture of the one on our car that goes all the way to the bumper, but my camera died, you get the idea anyways.






The evergreens are really pretty when it snows.....and this picture was taken at 4 pm! Not 8 pm like it looks, another joy of living in Colorado: short, short winter days (but the summer days are extra long so that's nice).



I just liked this pic of our mailbox:)


David's Christmas Wrapping Skills

David is awesome at wrapping presents. I would like to treat you all to some pictures of his Chrismas wrappings...





This one is my favorite, in case you can't see- he gave the gift a "santa hat"


Cafe Jones


When you live in a really small home, you have to make do. Since we will be living like this for a couple more years, I decided to problem solve. We currently have nowhere to eat in our house. We have, in the past, put the table somewhere in the living room- but it always felt too crowded. So I decided to clean out the guest bedroom and put the table in there and kind of make a private dining room out of it. Than thanks to my mom, I have really cute Christmas table decorations. Here are some pics...


This one gives you a good idea of the lighting- the rest have a flash, so you can't tell as well



2 comments:

Whitney said...

Ok who is "Puck" and "Dab" and last time I checked, David's initials aren't DFH. Are these pretend charachters David has made up?! HA! I love his present wrapping skills. He should get a part time job at JC Penny in the wrapping service department. :) Cafe Jones is so cute!!! I can't believe all of your snow and cold conditions. Craziness! Did you hear about our random snow storm the other night?! All of a sudden last THursday night it started snowing like CRAZY but only on on the south and southeast sides of Nashville. People were abandoning their cars trying to get home from work. Nashville is SO not prepared for that kind of weather:) Miss you!

David and Eryn said...

It's "Punk" short for Pumpkin and "Dab" is somehow short for David! And yes, he does make up names for himself :)